Metro Transit Authority of Harris County sent this bulletin at 03/29/2020 03:07 PM CDT
Release Date: March 29, 2020
Media Hot Line: 713.739.4040
METRO Delivers Essential Trips, Modifies Service, Adds More Cleaning
“Stay Home, Work Safe” Order Reduces Ridership
Beginning Monday, March 30, METRO is making more adjustments to its bus and rail schedules to continue to provide the highest level of service possible. The modified schedule will maintain service throughout the region with some possible delays. All Park & Ride routes, except those serving the Texas Medical Center, are suspended.
METRO’s efforts are focused on connecting essential workers to their jobs. We also realize some in our community have few travel options which is why we are committed to providing trips to grocery stores, pharmacies and other places people need to go. It is critical we all limit travel to only essential trips. This supports city and county leaders “Stay Home, Work Safe” Order to hopefully slow the transmission of COVID-19 (the coronavirus).
METRO has intensified its already rigorous cleaning schedule and will be bringing in even more staff to disinfect buses at transit centers during midday. This is in addition to the daily cleaning METRO performs outside of service hours. The Authority continues to put emphasis on surfaces frequently touched by the public. Customers are reminded to follow the advice of local public health officials and follow all public health directives.
The service adjustments below may mean longer travel times, so please plan accordingly:
Park & Ride
- The following Park & Ride routes serving the Texas Medical Center will operate on a regular weekday schedule:
- 170-171 Missouri City Express/Fort Bend Town Center
- 292 West Bellfort/Westwood/TMC
- 297 South Point/Monroe/TMC
- 298 Kingsland/Addicks/NWTC/TMC
- 291 Conroe Park & Ride will only run 6:30 a.m. inbound and 4:30 p.m. outbound trips.
- All other Park & Ride service is suspended.
Local Bus/ Community Connectors
- Local bus routes will continue to run on a modified Saturday Schedule seven days a week.
- Red and Blue routes will be reduced to service every 30 minutes.
- Green Routes will follow their normal Saturday schedule.
- Route designations can be found on bus stop signs.
- Community Connector routes will continue to operate.
- The Red Line will operate a modified Sunday schedule every 12 minutes.
- The Purple Line will run on a modified Sunday schedule every 18 minutes.
- The Green Line will run bus shuttles every 20 minutes.
- The Texas Medical Center rail shuttle from Fannin South to Hermann Park/Rice U station will operate every 12 minutes during weekday morning and afternoon peak times.
- All HOV/HOT Lanes will be closed.
- The number of passengers in each vehicle is being reduced to allow social distancing which may extend wait times.
- Seating on METRO vehicles has been reduced by 50 percent.
- Boarding and exiting is through the rear door unless accessibility needs require front door entry.
- As employers and schools adhere to the Stay Home Order, METRO ridership has decreased allowing for more space among passengers. (Total fixed route ridership Thursday, March 26, 2020 was 130,000 boardings, down 53 percent from one year ago)
- Fares are suspended temporarily.
- METRO RideStore locations are currently closed.
METRO’s TRIP app and Next Bus Arrival Texting will not be accurate. Patrons should stay informed by subscribing to real-time, route information through METRO’s service alert system and monitoring the agency’s social media accounts, Twitter, Facebook.
Customer service representatives can be reached 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. seven days a week by calling 713-635-4000.
To see the original release, click here.
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County (METRO) is the region’s largest public transit provider, offering safe, reliable and affordable transportation services about 370,000 times per day. Besides operating more than 1,200 buses on METRO’s network, METRORail‘s system includes the Red Line (Main Street and Northline), Green Line (East End) and Purple Line (Southeast). METRO’s services also include: STAR Vanpool, METROLift, HOV/HOT lanes, Bike & Ride program, Park & Ride, and road improvement projects. Learn more about METRO services at ridemetro.org where you will also find useful tools like the RideMETRO app where you can plan your trip and even pay your fare from your phone.