Save the date! Starting Friday, September 18, Houston Botanic Garden will be open 7 days a week from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
What’s grow-ing on until then? This is an exciting time at Houston Botanic Garden as we prepare to greet visitors this fall.
- The construction crew is getting the Culinary Garden ready for planting.
- Our Horticulture team is putting the final touches on the colorful, seasonal beds in the Susan Garver Family Discovery Garden.
- Our Education & Public Programs Director is planning special opening programs with the Steering Committee.
- The Director of Communications & Community Engagement is putting the final touches on our new website (launching soon) and building momentum for opening.
- The Development team is working diligently to fundraise for our 2020 Annual Operating Fund and launch exciting new programs like Giving Circles and Membership.
We are so thrilled to announce an exciting challenge before us. Friends of founder Nancy S. Thomas and the Houston Botanic Garden have generously pledged up to $200,000 as a dollar-for-dollar matching challenge gift – and we need your help to ensure the Garden operates successfully this year.
What does this mean? You can make twice the impact with a gift to the Houston Botanic Garden today! Your gift will help fill the gap caused by COVID-19 for 2020 operating funds in our highly anticipated opening year.
Is there a deadline? Gifts to the 2020 Annual Operating Fund received between now and opening day, September 18, will be matched!
How do I give? Visit www.hbg.org/support to donate online or mail payment to: Houston Botanic Garden, 8205 N. Bayou Dr., Houston, TX 77017. Please note Annual Fund Match in the memo line.
A big thank you to our matching gift funders: Anonymous, Lynne and Joe Hudson, Randa and K.C. Weiner, Susan and David Lummis, and Laura and Tom Bacon.
DOUBLE YOUR IMPACT TODAY!
Thank you! There are many ways to engage with and support the Houston Botanic Garden, and we are tremendously grateful for everyone who has given, volunteered, and promoted our mission. Without all of our fantastic supporters, we could not be where we are today! We look forward to welcoming you all in a short time to see this incredible oasis. Stay safe and healthy.
P.S. Memberships go on sale August 18!