Allen T. Johnson Memorial Scholarship
The Allen T. Johnson Memorial Scholarship Committee invites you to submit a project for a scholarship opportunity. You are invited to submit a project on any topic that directly relates to the William P. Hobby Airport or the Hobby Area District. Projects can focus on but are not limited to, Management, Marketing, Geography, Operations, Noise Control, Planning, and Customer Service. Scholarships are available to graduating High School Seniors through students entering their senior year of college. All students must be attending a Houston area college or be a resident of the Hobby Area Management District to qualify.
*Submission of the scholarship application and project are due April 20, 2020
Suggested topic areas include, but are not limited to:
- Air Traffic Control
- Air Transport Demand
- Airport and Airline Performance
- Airport Economics
- Airport Strategy, Management, and Operations
- Air Transportation Policy and Regulations
- Aviation and Tourism
- Aviation Safety and Security
- Environmental Issues in Air Transport Industry
- Inter-Modal and Air Travel Alternatives
- Marketing in Air Transportations
- Future Developments of Air Transportation
- Transportation and Mobility
- Emergency Management and Homeland Security
- Logistics and Warehousing
- Public Transit Infrastructure
- Airport and Airline Social Outreach
- Airport Concessions (Retail, Restaurants, and Services)
The Allen T. Johnson Memorial Scholarship Committee will be offering up to $15,000 in scholarships. Scholarships will range from $500 – $5,000 and the award amount will be determined by a panel of judges selected by the Scholarship Committee on the merits of the individual applicant’s presentation.
Students applying for an Allen T. Johnson Memorial Scholarships need to submit an application and completed presentation/paper to the Scholarship Committee no later than April 20, 2020. The Scholarship Committee will select which students will present their project to the judging panel. The final project should include a paper of no more than 15 pages and a PowerPoint presentation.
Students selected for a scholarship award will be required to present their project to the Scholarship Committee. Scholarships will be formally announced and awarded on May 15, 2020.
Submission of the scholarship application and project due – April 20, 2020
Committee selection of presenters – April 24, 2020
Project presentation to the judging panel – TBD
Scholarships awarded – May 15, 2020
Any questions should be directed by the Academic Advisor to the Scholarship Committee.
*Please e-mail your application and finalized projects or any questions to email@example.com
- Title of your paper
- Your Name
- School, Major, and anticipated graduation date
- Address, phone number, and email address
- Text should be in 1.5 line space and in 12 Times New Roman font
- Papers should be no more than 20 pages in length (excluding citations)
- Citations should follow the MLA citation style
PowerPoint presentations need to be submitted in a .pptx or .ppt format. If the presentation contains video, the video must be embedded for easy viewing.
Project Subject Matter
Project subject matter should directly relate to the William P. Hobby Airport or the Hobby Area District. Projects that do not have a direct correlation to either the William P. Hobby Airport or the Hobby Area Management District will be disqualified.
Scholarships are available to graduating High School Seniors through students entering their senior year of college. All students must be attending a Houston area college or be a resident of the Hobby Area Management District to qualify.DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION
Go Back to News