Notice of City Council Committee Meeting by Videoconference
Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 10:00 A.M.
Due to health and safety concerns related to the COVID-19 coronavirus, this meeting will be conducted by videoconference. The committees will be participating by videoconference in accordance with the provisions of Section 551.127 of the Texas Government Code that have not been suspended by order of the Governor and the Governor.
Microsoft Teams Live Meeting
Type this link into your browser: http://bit.ly/Oct29RNA
Presentation handouts will also be available at:
This meeting will also be broadcast on HTV, the City of Houston’s Municipal Channel.
- Welcoming remarks
- Council Member Sallie Alcorn, Chair
- Council Member Jerry Davis, Vice Chair
- Bar Capacity Issues and Enforcement
- Fire Marshal Alfredo Martinez, Assistant Chief, Houston Fire Department
- Bar Nuisance Complaints and Enforcement by the Houston Police Department
- Wendy Baimbridge, Assistant Chief, Houston Police Department
- Cheryl Southwell, Lieutenant, Houston Police Department
- Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission Roles and Responsibilities Related to Bar Activity
- Geoffery Weise, Lieutenant, Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission
- Michael Gallardo, Regional Licensing Supervisor, Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission
- Noise and Sound Level Regulations and Enforcement; Parking Rules and Enforcement
- Kathryn Bruning, Assistant Director, Administration and Regulatory Affairs
- Maria Irshad, Assistant Director, Administration and Regulatory Affairs
- Bar Nuisance-Related Municipal Prosecutions
- Randy Zamora, First Assistant City Attorney, Legal Department
- Public comments Public comment will be allowed via videoconference; no in-person input will be allowed. To sign up for public comment, please fill out the form at http://bit.ly/Oct29RNAPublicComment before 5:00 P.M. on Wednesday, October 28, 2020. Only those who sign up in advance will be able to provide public comments during the meeting. Public speakers will receive a specific link that will allow them to be able to speak during the public comment portion of the meeting at their designated time to speak.