Community

We’re accepting submissions for the Allen T. Johnson Memorial scholarship

Scholarship Packet 2018 Calling all graduating high school seniors through students entering their senior year of college: We’re accepting submissions for the Allen T. Johnson Memorial scholarship, to be awarded in April of 2018. Download this pdf for details on requirements, areas of study, subject matter, the application itself and deadlines (which are fast approaching)….

Spring Break Staycation Ideas From Hobby District

Sure, an all-expense paid vacation to a tropical island would make a great Spring Break trip, but luckily, our area of Houston offers plenty of day trips to keep kids and families busy during the school break. In an hour or less away from home, it can feel like a whole new world. 1. Learn…

Inside District I Newsletter

The Houston Public Works Department is conducting a traffic study at the signalized intersections of McKinney at Milby, McKinney at Cullen, and McKinney at Telephone in the Eastwood area. I mentioned in last month’s newsletter that the test period, which began in February, is expected to last 3 to 6 months. The traffic study was…

A Look Ahead: 2018 In The Hobby Area District

It’s been a busy 2018 so far in the Hobby Area District. We held our annual State of the District luncheon, set a date for HobbyFest (April 21) and are fully immersed in a Target Industry Study (more on that below). With that in mind, we’d like you to know more about the exciting things…

James Brown, Hobby Area District Board Member

We’re proud of the diverse experiences and backgrounds of our board members, because we know how important representation is for our business owners and Hobby Area residents. To that end, we’d like to introduce our newest board member, James Brown, who brings leadership and a wealth of knowledge to the District. Tell us a little…

Inside District I Newsletter

2017 was a year full of excitement, opportunities and challenges. In February we hosted one of the greatest Super Bowls in history, helped one another through Hurricane Harvey with rescue and relief efforts, and came together to cheer on the Astros through an incredible World Series and Championship victory. Oh, and what better way to…