We’re excited to introduce our newest team member, Pamela Guerra. Her background working with management districts, as well as being bilingual and a licensed notary, will be invaluable here at the Hobby Area District. Get to know Pam in the short interview below.
- How does your previous experience with the East End guide your approach in the Hobby area? What did you do before that?
My 11 years with the East End District gave me many tools applicable to my work here at the HAD, specifically preparing me for the fast-paced work and long-term projects coming up soon. I worked on many festivals with the EED as well as learned the ropes of how a management district should operate, so I hope to apply my logistical expertise to help HAD execute upcoming programming. Before I worked at East End, I was a teacher for AmeriCorps leading ESL and GED classes.
- What do you most look forward to in your position with the Hobby Area District? Are there any particular goals you hope to accomplish?
I have been part of an organization like this before and being able to do this again, this time in a community close to mine, is a great opportunity. I look forward to learning the distinct assets and personality of the district and promoting those to attract new businesses and residents to our community.
- What do you find invigorating about working with the Hobby Area District? What gets you out of bed in the morning?
I find that seeing the change an active and dedicated District can make in a community is fascinating. I am truly excited to roll up my sleeves and dig in here in the Hobby area to continue the community-wide revitalization that has already begun.
- Which upcoming project/event are you most excited about?
I can’t wait to be a part of HobbyFest! It seems to be a very unique event that engages the community and celebrates all the Hobby area has to offer. I am looking forward to meeting more community members and local partners.
- What do you want people to know about the Hobby Area District?
This area has so much potential and it is moving in the right direction! The HAD team is working hard to make this an even better community to live and conduct business.
- What do you like to do on the weekends?
My ideal weekend consists of spending time with my family. I have two precious children that my husband and I truly enjoy parenting. I would love to take a mini weekend vacation with them!