The year ahead promises to be exciting and full of growth for the Hobby area. In addition to ongoing projects like neighborhood beautification, graffiti abatement, transportation development and public safety initiatives, here are the top five things to look forward to in 2019:
- Our State of the District luncheon on February 14 will feature Mayor Sylvester Turner as keynote speaker and will gather community partners and local businesses to support the efforts of the Hobby Area District and give updates on ongoing and upcoming projects. Contact Gabrielle Dirden at firstname.lastname@example.org if your business would like to sponsor a table at the event.
- HobbyFest is our annual neighborhood celebration and festival, taking place this year on April 20. This year will be bigger and better than ever, with food, activities and attractions sponsored by Hobby-area businesses and stakeholders. Join us for bilingual musical entertainment, giveaways and more.
- We’ll be unveiling a brand new website designed to be a useful tool for Hobby-area business owners and community members. Don’t worry—we’ll still use our blog to post helpful information, resources and District developments!
- This year, we’ll be ramping up our Hobby to Opportunity (H2O) initiatives, like our monthly Business Networking Breakfasts. If your business would like to sponsor or speak at one of our upcoming H2O events, please contact Regina Lindsey at email@example.com. We’re invested in making Hobby a great place to work and do business, and that starts with an active and engaged local business community.
- Along with continued negotiations with Houston METRO to extend rail and bus routes to Hobby Airport, we’re excited to continue planning and development of Bellfort Station.
We’re grateful to serve Hobby Area business owners and residents, and we look forward to growing and strengthening our community with you this year.