Join Houston Councilman Robert Gallegos and TxDOT officials at a community meeting on Monday, June 26th (TONIGHT) regarding TxDOT’s proposed plans for re-routing and widening I-45. The proposed project would include:
- Reconstructing mainlanes and frontage roads
- Rerouting of I-45 in the downtown area to be coincident with I-10 on the north side of downtown and coincident with US 59/I-69 on the east side of downtown
- Removal of the existing elevated I-45 roadway along the west and south sides of downtown
- Adding access to the west side of downtown via “Downtown Connectors” that would allow access to and from various downtown streets
- Realigning both I-10 and US 59/I-69 within the proposed project area to eliminate the current roadway curvature
- Adding four I-10 express lanes between I-45 and US 59/I-69
Please note: written comments regarding the project may be submitted by email to HOUemail@example.com. The comment period has been extended to July 27, 2017, and comments must be emailed by that date to be part of the official record. For more information visit www.ih45northandmore.com.