The Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) has begun construction on 2 direct-connectors at the I-45 Gulf Freeway and I-610 South Loop Interchange. This project will improve connectivity for motorists while reducing congestion and improving safety along this heavily traveled corridor. The project limits for I-610 South Look just west of Broad St. to I-45 Gulf Freeway beyond Griggs Rd. Interchange include:
- Construction of the I-610 eastbound to I-45 northbound direct connector from Telephone Rd. to Griggs Rd. The addition of the interchange facility will eliminate the current street level traffic route.
- Construction of the I-45 southbound to I-610 westbound direct connector from Woodridge Dr. to Telephone Rd. The addition of the interchange facility will eliminate the current street level traffic route.
- Reconstruction of SH-35 bridges and alignment over the I-610 frontage roads.
- 1-mile of concrete pavement widening along I-610 westbound auxiliary lanes from Woodridge Dr. to west of Broad St.
- 0.75-mile of concrete pavement widening along I-45 southbound auxiliary lanes north of Woodridge Dr.
- Ramp improvement at SH-225 southbound at I-45 southbound.
- Lighting, CTMS improvements, and southbound I-45 frontage road improvements along Gulfgate Mall.
This project is expected to last approximately 3.5 years. For more information on closures and construction associated with this prject, please visit the Houston Transtar website.