The Hobby Area Management District was created by the 80th Legislature in June 2007 under Section 59, Article XVI, of the Texas Constitution and Chapter 4110 of Special District Local Laws Code.
A service plan has been created for the District which includes plans to put in place public safety, business development, transportation planning and visual improvement initiatives.
What is a Management District and What Will it Do?
- Political subdivision of the state which was created though the passage of a local law bill;
- Supplement the services provided by city and county government and address specific local needs;
- Protect, preserve and promote urban activity centers;
- Provide responsive civic services to grassroots constituents;
- Promote mixed-use, urban neighborhoods;
- Will aim to be the “voice” for the District’s property owners;
- Services and improvements are financed through assessments.